torsdag den 12. maj 2011

Wonderful Michael...!

A tribute to one of my favorite singers, songwriters and dancers ever: Michael Jackson. Since my early youth I have listened to, and danced to, songs like "Rock with You" and "Blame it on the Boogie". But it wasn´t untill two years ago it was made clear to me the huge variaty of songs, he has sung over the years, and the world has really lost a unique man when he passed away. But there is no doubt in my mind he will be remembered for generations to come, since children and youngsters have started listening to his music as well.

My oldest dauthter is soon going to have her Confirmation ceremony in church, and the vicar is a very "modern" kind of vicar, who uses film clips and music in the teaching of the candidates for Confirmation. So the other day on Facebook he posted a surgestion, which said "Is this the post - or preludium for the Confirmation in june?". He had posted a music video with The Beatles singing "Let it be". I wrote a respons saying something like "yes! great idea!" and then surgested that Michael Jacksons "Heal the World" could be played as for example the postludium. So - to my surprise - today on Facebook the vickar had posted the Youtube video of "Heal the World" and asked the same question, whether this would fit for pre - or postludium for the Confiramtion. So you can imagine my response, right? ;-))

I´ll try to copy the link here, so you can hear it as well, but if I don´t suceed, it is very easy to find it on Youtube. So hope you enjoy it, I simply love that song and the whole sentiment inside of it. Yes, Michael is really connected to much more than boogie rhythms, and has written books as well, which are very moving to read. He is such a gentle and fine Spirit ~ may he rest in Peace ...


Have a wonderful and hopeful day :-))
Posted by Picasa

2 kommentarer:

  1. I agree, he was a kind soul with amazing talent, unfortunately show business is so hard that even the most strong spirited people are sometimes tormented. I wish to think he had a nice life despite all the media and lies that surrounded him for years.
    I also like some of his music and my favorite song is "Man in the Mirror".
    Have a great day!!!

    SvarSlet
  2. Spændende og godt at høre hvordan en moderne præst prøver at nå sine konfirmander. Jeg er sikker på at denne metode 'must have hit home'!! Der er jo ikke nogen som MJ!!

    SvarSlet