onsdag den 4. maj 2011

Hurrah - no holes! (Mor mor - han borede slet ikke!)

You´ll have to bare over with me, since I haven´t get learned how to place a photo on the blog. But in this empty space you can imagine a picture of a smiling mouth with clean, white teeth with no holes :-)



Today I went to my 6 months check by the dentist, and he declared there were no holes at all. I almost danced out on the street, jumping in the air with joy and surprise, it really brightened my day! Now, this might seem a bit over the top to you, but if you knew how many times my teeth have been repared through life (and the cost of it), you would appreaciate it too;  Growing up in the sixties, there was no children-dentist-check as now a days. So the first time I saw a dentist, I was 6 years old, and with 6 holes in the teeth, ouch!! Over the years I have had regular checks, and 9 out of 10 times some of the teeth have needed to be repaired, or new holes have appeared. Not because I don´t clean my teeth, they just seem to be not very strong.

Lately I read an article, that science have now discovered how wisdom and intelligence hangs together with the amount of teeth in the mouth. Interesting, since babies are born without teeth, and change their set of teeth whilst growing up (around the age of 7, when they are ready to start in school, interestingly enough).
So the article said, that loosing all the teeth and getting false teeth, do affect the way of thinking, knowledge and memories in the person. Well, that information made me want to actually try to keep my teeth ( - over the years I sometimes wished they were replaced by false teeth once and for all, so there would be no more holses to repair!), and also - since I lost 3 of my teeth - gave me an explanation why I sometimes forget where I put my things LOL

So - take good care of your teeth!! ;-))

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hvor dejligt at få det overstået. Nul huller er altid en god nyhed!! Tillykke med den nye follower!

    SvarSlet
  2. Congrats on your healthy teeth!
    I have very good teeth but mostly because my uncle is a dentist and from little he's always taken very good care of them. I remember that he used to say: "don't brush all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep".

    SvarSlet